Cookies & Privacy
Cookies & Privacy
Last Updated: January 2023
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you when you visit one of our sites, use one of our Websites (“Sites”), or use our web or mobile device applications (“Mobile Apps”) including those operated on our behalf by third parties. We refer to our Sites and Apps collectively as “Online Services”.
The types of personal information we collect may include:
· Transaction information, such as product purchased, price, method of payment and payment details.
· Personal details such as name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth, age, gender, employment status, demographics and other contact information when you provide that information to us, such as if you register with our Online Services, enter a contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstakes.
· Account information, such as username, password, and other identifiers or credentials used to access our Online Services or to acquire Charles Wells’ products and services.
· Other personal information you choose to provide when you interact with Charles Wells.
The circumstances in which you provide personal information may include when you:
· purchase our products;
· register to use our Online Services;
· request to receive marketing or other communications; use our Wi‐Fi networks;
· submit information in relation to public health or governmental monitoring schemes;
· enter in one of our contests, competitions, prize draws, or sweepstakes; submit information when providing feedback; or
· use interactive features of our Online Services.
Information Collected Through Automated Means
The providers of third‐party apps, tools, widgets and plug‐ins on our Online Services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
Charles Wells Online Services and in‐pub/site technologies may collect precise information about the location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and location presence awareness technologies such as GPS, Wi‐Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you can withdraw your permission for Charles Wells to acquire this information on your location through your device or Web browser settings. If you have questions about how to disable collection of precise location information, we recommend you contact your mobile device service provider, the device manufacturer, or your Web browser provider. Please note that certain Online Services and in‐pub/site technologies may not function properly without precise location information. If you would like us to delete location information we may have collected that is specific to you, please contact us at the email or postal address listed below. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Some services within our pubs/sites are provided by third parties on our behalf and in those instances, contact should be directed to them. This will be declared by them at the point you register for their services.
We may combine personal information that we collect with information we receive from other sources, information about your prior transactions with Charles Wells and information that is automatically collected.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
Charles Wells may use the personal information we collect to:
· fulfil your requests or orders and process payments for our products and services (which may include sharing data on a highly secure basis with payment providers in the United States in accordance with section 10 below);
· if you give us permission, communicate with you about products and services of Charles Wells communicate with you about and administer your participation in contests, competitions, prize draws, sweepstakes, offers, promotions or special events; send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts with Charles Wells;
· send information to your contacts or third parties if you request us to do so;
· provide customer support, respond to, and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
· enable you to post and interact with Charles Wells through social media; personalise your experience on our Online Services and in‐pub/ site technologies, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested, and making navigation to our Sites and Mobile Apps easier;
· perform data analytics, including consumer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis;
· operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; determination of the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising efforts; and analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies; protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and comply with applicable law.
We may use automated information for purposes such as to (i) personalise the visitor experience in our sites or on our Online Services, (ii) deliver content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Online Services or in‐pub/site technologies, and (iii) manage our business. We may also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems; administer our Online Services; identify users of our Online Services; identify a device for fraud prevention purposes, to target advertising or to personalise users’ experiences; comply with legal obligations or public health policies; and gather demographic information about our users. We may also use automated information to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our Online Services to better meet the needs of our users.
3. How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Charles Wells decides to sell or transfer all or a portion of our business. We may transfer or grant access to information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction under suitable conditions of confidentiality.
Charles Wells reserves the right to use or disclose personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of our Online Services and in‐pub/site technologies, to bring or defend against legal claims, to protect the rights, interests, safety and security of Charles Wells, Charles Wells employees or Pub Partners, or members of the public, or in connection with the investigation of fraud, illegal activity or violation of Charles Wells policy.
4. Your Choices
If you have opted‐in to marketing communications, you can subsequently elect not to receive marketing communications from Charles Wells or third parties appointed to deliver these on our behalf by following the opt‐out instructions in the marketing communications we send you or contacting us at the address or email address provided below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send communications to you concerning your transactions or enquiries, accounts with Charles Wells and any contests, competitions, prize draws, or sweepstakes in which you have enrolled.
5. Access to and Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or delete personal information we have collected from you, please contact us at the postal address or email address below. Where appropriate, including whenever required by applicable law, we will comply with your request within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before Charles Wells is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You may also be able to install browser plug-ins or other software to prevent cookies from being placed. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
7. Links to Other Websites and Social Media
8. Information Security
Charles Wells is committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep personal information secure. We have in place technical, administrative, and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we take efforts to safeguard our information systems, no website, mobile application, computer system, or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
9. Retention of Personal Information
10. International Data Transfers
Charles Wells operates outside of the UK (but within the EEA) with business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. From time to time we also use suppliers outside of the UK/EEA.
12. How to Contact Us
Privacy – Wells & Co. Compliance Team,
Wells & Co
Cut Throat Lane